St. Basil's Cathedral (Red Square)
I love that picture. It was taken during my October 2010 trip with John, Rick, and Bob (Harris). It was cold and damp, but the warmth of friendship made it memorable. Our dear friend Anna was our "tour guide" for the evening.
Before every trip I start to buy stuff and little by little toss it in Landon's room. That's what I call my "staging ground" for packing. It's beginning to look "staged" because of all the plastic shopping bags accumulating on his bed, on the floor, in drawers, pretty much everywhere. This trip we'll also take supplies for the church (stuff they can't get there, such as communion cups), stuff for friends that can make life a little easier, etc. About 3 days before we leave I'll start packing it all into the suitcase. I always take more than I need, so this trip I'm determined (determined, I say!!) to travel small, travel light. Ask me later if I succeeded.
To Rick, "Happy Monday." To the rest of us...let's just try to get through it. :>)
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment