By this time next week I'll be in panic mode. Regardless of the number of times I've been to Russia, on the day of departure I always ask myself the same questions. Big coat or light jacket? Do I really need that extra pair of shoes? Am I taking enough cash?
Speaking of cash, Russian banks flat-out reject paper money with the slightest flaw. Ergo, this time of year it's always an exercise in futility to walk into my local bank for "clean" money. During the Christmas season it's no problem, but this time of year? Challenging.
Anyway, it's always the same...a bit of panic with packing, always, always, always, wondering if I have it all, am I forgetting anything. So far it's been all good...in the beginning.
In case you're wondering (or forgotten), the folks going on this trip (besides me) are Julie Pagenkopf (her first trip), Rachael Wise (her frist trip), David Gleason, Rick Ellis, and John Cooke. Beginning in June we started meeting to lay plans for this trip, and there is no doubt whatsover in my mind it's going to be successful. No doubt.
More writing (and a lot of it) beginning next week. Please don't forget about us when you pray.
Salt and light.
Mike
Mike, welcome to blogging! I have enjoyed reading Julie's posts leading up to this trip and I will subscribe to your blog feed to. May God bless the trip you all will undertake tomorrow. I pray you all sleep well and restfully tonight to prepare you for the journey and all that is ahead. Kelly
ReplyDelete